[Unit Project 1] My Origin of Duel Masters

    My artifact is trading card. This is a "Duel Masters" card. This card name is "Roaring invasion Red Zone". It was released in 2015. This is a secret illustration version. This card has been loved and used by many people since its release. This card is a revolutionary card that drmamatically increased the speed of the competition.



    I got Red Zone with a pack I bought at a convenience store in June of my 5th grade.  I was delighted because it was the highest rarity and secret illustration. Also, I was very happy because it was a card that was also very active in comics.I immediately used Red Zone in a match with my friends. Red Zone became my first and best buddy. However, it was difficult to make a deck that could fight properly with the financial power of elementary school students, so I couldn't play an active role like a comic. But, Red Zone was still strong enough, and I was satisfied because I was able to use my favorite card.

    Since I became a junior high school student, I've been able to make a little better deck, but it was still developing. I played Duel Masters with my best friend, Yohe, Kousei, Takuto, and Joe.

    One day, Yohe said to me,"Your Red Zone's deck is too strong and fast like a comet. So please use other deck!" 

    "OK. But, my other decks are also strong. Is that OK?" I laughed and said. After that, I refained from using Red Zone. But, it was very fan for us. By the way, Joe and I were the storongest in this group. So I used Red Zone to play against Joe. 

    He sometime said, "My Jokers are the storongest because the name of main chaeacter of the manga who use Jokers is also Joe!" 

    "You are right. But, my Red Zone is the strongest!" I responded that way. His winning percentage and mine were about the same, so we were always having heated competitions.

   When I became a high school student, my best friends retired from the Duel Masters. But, I still continued. Because I love Duel Masters. I was very itchy because I was busy in high school and the tournament was not held due to the influence of COVID-19. However, the number of cards which are compatible with Red Zone increased one after another, and I was very happy.

    I became a college student this year. The tournament was also held again, and I started my activities as a competitive player in earnest. At first, I felt frustrated because I couldn't win. However, when the deck that adopted Red Zone came to a strong position in the competition scene, I was able to use Red Zone to win many times. My partner, who ran through youth together in both fun times and hard times, is still supporting me. I will continue to fight with Red Zone from now on.



    In the card game community, discriminatory terms are sometimes used and become a problem. For example, do you know the discriminatory term "Afgaki"? This is an abbreviation for "African kid." It's a word used to make fun of card game players who don't have money. It was born in the SNS community of Duel Masters. Discriminatory terms not only make people uncomfortable. If such discriminatory terms become widespread, trust in the card game will decline and players will disappear. Also, fewer people will want to play the game. Discriminatory terms must never be used, and those who do so must not be tolerated. Duel Masters oficial rule book is defined as "don't use social media to bully, insult, or intimidate other participants." For that, card game companies and card shops needs to control what is said on social media, and we all need to be aware of each other.

    There are a certain number of people who think, "Card games are children's games, so it's weird for adults to play them," or "Adults who play card games are disgusting." This kind of prejudice hinders the entry of new players and the development of the card game industry. However, it is also true that some card game players are not well-groomed or have no manners. Also, I have had the experience of my opponent being blatantly displeased after winning a match. Because of such players, the aforementioned discriminatory terms are born, and prejudice against card game players increases. In order to dispel such prejudice, famous players need to show exemplary behavior, and ordinary players need to follow suit. Card game production companies and tournament operators should also take strict action against malicious players.


Thank you for reading.

コメント

  1. I like card game too and I played it when I was young. It was very fun!

    返信削除
  2. Your story is nice. And social problem you choiced is so inportant.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

#4 My New Deck

#6 Bass guitar

#5 Favorite Anime 2023 Autumn